Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Oh my.....OTT




Well I did warn you !!    I wanted some chain for another piece I am working on and found a horrible necklace ( well I thought it was horrible)  in a charity shop for £1, well I got left with this huge stone and a smaller one and couldn't throw it away......


I'm also playing with foil tape, the kind you buy from Wicks or B&Q   God knows what you are suppose to use it for in DIY...


Anyhoo.....I decided to marry the two together and made this metal effect bling Christmas card !!  The stones look very brown, but their not, it just the light....


The tape is sticky backed so you just cover a piece of card with it, run it through an embossing folder, paint it with black acrylic paint, then rub off as much as you like to get the pewter colour effect.  the flowers I just die cut, but didn't paint so they stayed shiny.

Well there never be another card like it............

would love to enter:
The Corrisive Challenge: "b" unique (bells, blooms,bling,bow)
Completely Christmas: anything goes
Craft For the Craic; ctaft item you have never used before
Winter Wonderland; anything goes for xmas
---------



3 comments:

Sandra said...

What a clever idea, and it looks so effective

Ger said...

Love the effect you achieved with the foil tape! Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic

Pixie Flutterby said...

Stunning - love it :)
Pixie ( Craft for the Craic )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...