Pages

Monday 8 February 2016

Woodware fun flowers


My word guys,  what a windy wet grey day today !!  To top it off my back/hip is making life very interesting at mo,  getting dressed is a hoot regarding socks and shoes.....

Anyhoo got two bright fun cards to share today using  Woodwares new Whimsical Flower Sally Anne stamp.


I've never really been into flower stamps, but loved this one as it is really big and open so there is so much you can do with it.

I started with a piece of A4 white card and spritz it with pink, green and orange inks. Then cut it in half and on one used a Tin Holtz Brick stencil and wild honey distress ink and inked through. The other half I ued the Harlequin stencil and same distress ink for the backgrounds.

Both of the cards I paper pieced the flowers and then doodled a bit on top with a fine black pen and spectrum noir pen. the sentiments are from Lindsay Masons Doo Lally Pip range.


























Well I hope they have brightened your day for you...

hugs Diane xx


Would love to enter:
We Love 2 Create: anything creative/mixed media goes


4 comments:

rachel said...

these are wonderful diane....the colour and shape of the flower makes me think of a mexican hat! i know .... should have gone to specsavers! hope you feel better soon! take it easy xxx

Jo said...

Love these Diane....just ordered a similar one myself this afternoon but think I may have to go back & order this one too! Hope you're soon on the mend! xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These are very bright and cheerful Diane, love the colours. Your background turned out beautifully and the flower stamps are perfect for paper piecing too. I love those sentiments, especially the first one.
Lorraine

Claire said...

Beautiful project, love the paper piecing! Thanks so much for joining our 'Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes Challenge over at We Love 2 Create
Claire xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...